The Old Town

Labels:
We went to Pangasinan last Nov. 1. Strange, I never felt at home on our hometown. It's sad that the old house got neglected, we don't know people we trust enough to take care of it and we don't have the money to renovate and repair it properly.

Our house was the first house built of stone in the town of Urbiztondo, Pangasinan. My grandparents were not rich but they were popular in our town probably because they had lots of friends.

Anyway, so much for the history.

We went to the cemetery (which is called the Campo Santo) late in the afternoon. Exhausted, I went for a quick shower before heading to my aunt's place for dinner. I realized i didn't have extra clothes so I went to my grandparents' room. I managed to find two of Daddy Jose's shirt that fit me. He was so thin when he aged. I miss him whenever I see his things. I then found books inside their cabinet. I was surprised to see "The Man of the State" - a book published in the 1960s. It covers Hobbes - Marx. Those were the same political philosophers I encountered last sem in 193. I wonder what would it be like if we talked about them.

I fear the time when I would have to take charge of our home. I don't really know anything about that place. Things actually get lost when you turn your back. I saddens me that we cannot trust people. Anday, the daughter of my great grandmother's trusted helper, seems to think that we could give away money just like that. It irks me when she asks for money as if it was my family's responsibility. I think it's a weird town with a few wierd people. One day, I would not know what to do when I get there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment