If there are many gays and lesbians in our midst, fine! We should respect their rights…But they should not also go around town proclaiming their preferences as if it was a badge of honor…
Gays and lesbians should be happy society tolerates them. They should not abuse society’s doting attitude towards them. - Ramon Tulfo
I read this while browsing tumblr today. It was posted a week ago.
I realized I've been resting for a month now. I eat, sleep, surf the internet, go out for a walk, watch House etc. If I had a list, what's going on in his country was the last item on it. I lived my days relaxed, alone, peaceful. This is how it went until I heard what happened in Maguindanao. Actually, the whole thing was already in the news for 2 days before I really paid attention to it. The details give me goosebumps, the incident itself makes me want to just shut up and feel scared. What the fuck is happening in this country?
I wrote blogs about the presidentiables months ago. I was talking about Villar and Mar when I stopped. Noynoy came into the picture, Chiz then not Chiz, Erap again - there's just so many things that's happening I can't even begin to write them down. It's a goddamn circus.
And now, as I write again, I write about these terrible news that currently flood the people's mind, including mine.
“My wife’s private parts were slashed four times, after which they fired a bullet into it. They speared both of her eyes, shot both her breasts, cut off her feet, fired into her mouth. I could not begin to describe the manner by which they treated her.” — Buluan Vice Mayor Esmael Mangudadatu
How violent can people get? Are we in fucking ancient China? They just buried people for Chrissake it's getting unbelievably disgusting. Is this the democracy they're bragging about?
And now, Tulfo, the oh-so-macho journalist thinks gays and lesbians are trying to abuse society.
Oo nga naman, hayaan nyo na lang yung mga “machong” lalaki mambugbog ng asawa, mam-bully ng anak at kapit-bahay, mambabae. Astig yun! Baka yun ang badge of honor? Tapos gawin natin silang congressman, governor, tapos may private army sila para may maipang-massacre. Nakakadiri kaya mga bading at tomboy compared sa machong lalaki.
Tulfo, you fucking idiot. Have you thought about life? What if one of the victims in the Maguindanao massacre was a young gay/lesbian journalist who haven't lived his/her life because of people like you? People who restrict, who command, who judge. People who say "makuntento ka na lang, tino-tolerate ka na nga gusto mo pa magkaron ng representation". Yup, just limit what other people wants to achieve. Macho ka e, suntukin mo na lang kaya si Danton Remoto para mas astig ka. How can you even belittle gays and lesbians for immorality when fucking straight people can be just as or more immoral than them. Will the COMELEC ban every Ampatuan who plans to run for office? Can they? All they can bully are groups who seek representation. For Chrissake, there's a Marijuana Party in Canada and the US, the Western "idols" of this third world country, and the COMELEC can't even grant a level playing field for gays and lesbians. Yes, not even a chance.
Sometimes, I wish it was that easy to seclude yourself a dream of your life ahead.
