After the visit, my dad suggested we eat somewhere in accordance to the ritual of making "pagpag" after being in a wake. We were all not in the mood to take in more food; I could've just said we go back to Stanford for my phone but I didn't.
When I got home and went on line, I thought of what to post as my Facebook status and this was what came out of my mind:
I forgot my phone. Maybe it's a sign? :)
Yes, with a :) I was trying to make myself feel better because really, I've been thinking of a message from you, or maybe wishing. Christmas came, I managed not to make a move. But just this morning, I was almost sure I can't stand it anymore. I said to myself "Just an email and that's it. Short but meaningful and that's it. I won't say a word if you send a reply."I forgot my phone, jokingly I asked "is it a sign?" and damnit this happened. Of all days I've waited, it had to happen tonight. My head says loud and clear "it's a sign!" but something in me tells me "what the fuck, you can't stand it in the first place so don't play confused" And really, I don't know. It's just a message, it's just a simple greeting. For old times sake or just to avoid being labeled bitter or whatever. Then again, I've worked so hard to keep myself away from you. For you to not know anything about me. I once failed when I met up with Bea and I told myself, it would be the last thing I'd do to ruin these walls I'm building between us.
I told Pam I'm scared to get hurt with what you might say. If you tell me you're doing fine and you're happy already, it might break my heart. If you tell me you miss me, it would tear me apart. If you tell me anything between those lines or nothing at all, I'd still feel the same shit.
I wish my mind would take a different direction soon. One where I become both peaceful and happy.
