The Girls from Taft

Labels: , , , , ,
Ops. No, they aren't from DLSU. They're UP Manila kids! I'm pretty much proud of these girls. They have gone a long way and, wait for it, they're still alive!

I don't know where and when it actually started. We just had a thread where we talked about having a get together. It got postponed a few timesbut we managed to set a date. Much to my demise, they wanted it on a Wednesday, after reg. And who am I to object? I'm the only one working - I was out numbered. Good thing I got my way into convincing them to have dinner at Makati. Meeting up at MOA on a Wednesday night was just pure madness. There was no way on Earth I could pull that one off.

So, I basically sprinted to the bus stop as soon as I got out of the office. I was so giddy about it I didn't even care if my clothes were put together decently.

I came early. Earliest actually. The rain has made it difficult for them to avoid heavy traffic and there were last minute delays and whatever. I was almost pissed. (Why is it that when we plan on seeing each other, the skies won't fail to turn grumpy?)

I went to All Flip Flops at Glorietta and found out that they had Havs Explorers of size 35s in 4 different colors. Ugh. That was when I got really pissed and stormed off back to Greenbelt like a furious Panda.

After so much time waiting and torturing myself on looking for shoes, half of the girls came!

Christine, I, Shane and Bari boy

They did not want to suggest a place and I was dead serious of being hungry so without even thinking, we just went in for some Mexican food. (I like Mexican Express better than this. I don't even know if I remember the restaurant's name right. I think it was Baja?)

Nina and Karina soon arrived. Oh how I missed these two! They were the first two close friends I had at UPM. I think, they're still the closest ones I got there plus Bari.

Bari then commented, out of the blue while the three of us were laughing about some random memory, that the "Mean Girls" were back together. I winced, not being used to be associated with such words and the thought of attaching my name to a famous mainstream bitch movie I didn't even get to watch up to now. I don't think I remember them referring us as that way back circa 2007. Haha but that had made my heart melt a bit. I remember how close we were, we were constantly laughing and gossiping like high school girls. We usually took the lead at throwing random insults to random people like it was just part of our day. We constantly teased friends and made fun of each other.

So many things have changed, Skinny got a boyfriend and is now the president of the Dent council. (what a shocking shocker! hahaha) and Nins have Mia now, she's so adorable! Yet, things seemed to be just the same. It was still fun hanging out with them, no dead air, no awkwardness whatsoever. :)


Hmm, ok so before I get all mopey and stuff. We headed out to get some gelato. Yay! Dessert is my favorite part of pigging out.


After having mediocre Mexican food

Gelato outside Gelatone. (Yeah, cause outside, there's no such thing as service charge!)

We got all kinds of gelato, and with "all kinds" I mean different kinds for us to taste. lol Karina had even tasted so much of other people's gelato, she barely touched hers! Joy was on a taste test feast with the ice cream boy (that's not supposed to sound naughty) and settled for the one with a flavor of Mango and Bacardi. How innocent of her haha

I was raining the whole night. I thought I'd be stuck at Makati. Im never good at commuting in that area. Good thing Pam saved me and I got in a van before it hit midnight. That was so exhausting but I guess, it was worth the effort :)

Thanks to Gio for taking this picture

We suggested to do this more often. Ha! I just don't know if that's possible but we already had the next pig out session planned out. :)

I kind of remembered the blog "Nostalgia Manila" while typing this whole thing :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment