CDC Fun!

Labels: ,
(Woot)

Was dead tired last night because of the CDC.

First of all, the set of winners:
Champion: FEU
1st Runner Up: ADMU
2nd Runner Up: UP PEP SQUAD!

Second, the comments:

UP's performance was way better last year - that performance gave (and gives) me goosebumps. The colors this year were very neutral, the crowd was asked to wear white. (I wore my old white spandex shirt, ugh it was so tiny) The routines did not amazed me much. But good job to the Maroons! Still managed to be on the third spot :p

Third, the micro story.

We met at almost 2pm. From Gen. Ad., we jumped to Upper B (the half part of the Gen. Ad. area saw me struggling lol.) then after UP's performance we jumped back to Gen. Ad. near DLSU where the drums or the drummers smelled like wet feet. Ew. Mon was there so yes, expect the banners. Come awarding time, most of us were already convinced that the Maroons would not bring home the bacon. And there, it was so quick that Boom Gonzales shouted "The UP Pep Squad!" and all of us were quite sad but immediately held our spirits high by giving our pep a proud applause. It was a good performance. I think it was the best part of this year's CDC for the Maroons. There were no complaints, just praises and support for our pep. :)

On the other hand, the tigers were rejoicing and jeering with the "buti nga" agenda. We were thinking "baka nga bumawi ang gawi" But when the 1st Runner Up was announced, they went silent. The Ateneo Pep won! I wasn't able to watch their performance because we were busy discussing UP routines. I watched it when I went home last night, in my opinion, they deserve it! I must say I smiled and even laughed while watching. They were cute and energetic. Nice dance music and steps. I actually enjoyed the moon walk and the Clocks part. I read from a friend's post: "Anong meron sa skirt na parang Jap paper?" I wasn't able to notice that. All I know is that when Ateneo says cheer dance, they mean short skirts for their girls. Woot! XD

So there, back to the awarding. We felt that the tigers were very nervous. I bet they were expecting FEU but when ADMU came up, they felt they were in trouble (well, just a guess. I am not a tiger to know it felt lol). The UP crowd, the enormous UP crowd, started shouting "FEU! FEU!" We were all laughing and joined the cheer for the tamaraws. It was evident, their routine was clean! I just didn't like the sarimanok much, the penguin dance last year was funnier lol. And there was something in their routine that UP did last year. I do not know what it's called but it was one of my favorite step/stunt of our pep last year. Needless to say, they deserve it.

Just to "alaska" a little. The banner "Amin ang pamantayan" or "Kami ang pamantayan" (I don't really remember the exact words) of UST was ugh, irrelevant? Haha. I think it was sad for them not to bring home anything after all the expectations of winning this year. I have to commend them though, maybe having learned from other schools (including UP of course), to have a theme in their dance. Last year they wore white and yellow, did their routines without even having a theme. Like when you think of UST, you can't associate a word to identify their routine. This year, they were the Egyptians. The Egyptian hands move was nice I must say.

Which reminds me, I told friends that UP's theme was not evident this year. I guess it's because it was more of UP symbols - the Ikot jeep (that UE had as their props as well, maybe called the UE-kot lol), and the Sablay. It was not evident to the audience. I mean all the other 7 universities most probably didn't just get it. because it was internal for UP. I recall a friend's classmate from another school was laughing at a professor who wore a Sablay during their graduation rights because she thought it was a sash. Maybe next year, there'll be a nicer theme. Next year? I won't be at UP anymore (or so I think? lol)

0 comments:

Post a Comment