TV Shows that Make Us Vomit Rainbows

Labels: ,


Well, results of Afterellen's Hot 100 came out this week.

Women who play gay roles topped the list so you see, gay TV fandom is so powerful! LOL.

10. Lea Michele

Lea might not play a gay role on TV but the fans have been very well um, creative (probably delusional?) in thinking that off cam, since she and Diana (#8) are very close, might have gay tendencies. As they say Brittana will happen but Heya won't. Faberry can't happen but Achele can. Just plain crazy LOL.



9. Lily Loveless

I love Lily. I'm quite upset that Kathryn didn't make it to the top 10. Well, doesn't matter. She's somewhere in the Top 20 still. It's a bit surprising since Skins Series 3 ended about a year ago. She isn't gay on TV anymore. Nonetheless, she's still on the 9th spot. I actually find Naomily finale scenes overly cheesy. Like too much cheesy - but that doesn't mean I don't like em. I had a Naomily hang over last year, my tumblr was full of reblogs.



8. Diana Agron

I think if her line "I'm flattered Santana, but I'm not that into that" (referring to having sex with S) aired a week or even days before the results were out, Diana might have landed on a higher spot. #justsayin





7. Shay Mitchell

I think I should start watching Pretty Little Liars. :)



6. Amber Heard

She's the only one out on the list and she's not in some popular TV show Hooray! Tasya wasn't on the list though :(



5. Olivia Wilde

Naya Rivera @GLAAD Awards "How. Hot. Is. She.?" (referring to Olivia). Haven't watched House recently. I'm not quite sure why. Hmm. This is the second time Olivia has played a gay role on TV. The first one was on The OC. I prefer her role as 13 though (excluding the part that she hooked up with Foreman) Her character as a gay female doctor with Huntington's disease is just very complex. She plays it well plus she's so hot.


4. Sara Ramirez

I've been a fan of Grey's Anatomy long before Callie turned gay. I'm actually not so much hyped with Callie and Arizona getting married though. I think it is kind of like that in real life. You enjoy dating more than marriage. LOL It's amazing how her character shows that Callie as a person loves who she loves with all her heart. She's just as crazy for Arizona like how she was crazy for George. Not holding back just because of stereotypes.

3. Jessica Capshaw

She played a minor role on the hit series The L word - which is the first and only series to date focused on gay women - as Bette's student slash minor love/lust affair. She got in Grey's playing a bubbly lesbian pediatrician. My favorite scene of her was when she talked to Callie's dad saying she's a strong man. Clap clap!



2. Heather Morris

I read that Heather's mom doesn't approve of her playing gay on TV. (Why? Does she have gay tendencies?) Anyway, who doesn't love HeMo? I mean, she can dance like there's no tomorrow. That's definitely a plus. However, I think if the fans read about her shipping Bartie before the voting ended, she might have landed in the 100th spot. LOL

1. Naya Rivera

Straight up bitch. I guess, people have voted for Naya since her role as Santana - a teenage girl struggling with her sexuality in high school - has been a common experience for almost all gay people. At some point, you have all these feelings of fear, hate, anger, repression, confusion and doubt. And then accepting yourself becomes as hard as squashing a melon with two needles.

Fans have been disappointed that Santana and Brittany didn't end up together as girlfriends on Glee's Season 2 finale. Well, not everyone who falls in love with someone ends up being with that person right? (I even read some post that said it was disappointing that they didn't go together to prom and they thought it would be like the Loveball ending of Skins series 2. Isn't that lame if they copied Skins?)



Anywhoo, I think TV series are so much infectious. Don't complain that real life gay women celebrities didn't get to the top. If they aren't in worldwide hit TV shows, how are people supposed to know about them? Honestly, I think some progress has been made since producers are already taking the risk of having gay characters on their shows. It gives a room for the LGBT people to sit down and watch and say "hey, I could totally relate to that."

0 comments:

Post a Comment