
Having slept for about 10 hours on a Thursday night meant not being able to re-read the articles for my 199 exam the next day.
I prepared for school and put on one of my favorite button down shirts (50php from Katipunan ukay-ukay) and my favorite pants (I realized it's my favorite just now).
No texts except from Miko's invite to hangout at FC which she canceled about an hour later. I thought "sayang naman suot ko, sayang naman it's a Friday."
So then after my exam, I texted some people. As usual Pam replied. Hurrah! I was about to go to CMC when someone from the mob called me. It was VJ and Ralph, Pao's orgmates. They called me to join the Rally - No to ConAss, Oust Gloria. I went. It was embarrassing to decline VJs invitation, I have been hitching to Robinson's for days. Haha. They were very perky, it made the rally fun somehow.
Rallies - on my first year in Diliman, I was a little inclined and sympathetic to these movements. Part of which Pao was responsible, part of it maybe was caused by my idealism and another part is Silay. Yes, the one I stalked with the help of Ja that brought us to the Interfaith Rally at Ayala Ave. last year.
However, as time passed, I felt distant to these things. Partly because there was this annoying activist that spoke of rallies every time she sees me, partly because the political science approach is more conservative (for the lack of a better, shorter word) and partly because I feel that the "Left's" arguments are not that well-organized.
So there, I felt like a big poser. Every time cameras would be near our spot I bowed down pretending to use my phone. I do not want to think I have lost my idealism. I just do not see myself in this kind of movement. I just do not get why Gloria should be ousted when she has a few months left. I do not mean to promote apathy, I just think it's no longer logical to ask for that. Political instability might even bring the economy to a worse position. Besides, this is power politics. But not at its worst because we are not in Myanmar. The majority of the population is poor but the middle class is listening to their ipods, drinking coffee at Katipunan Ave., thinking of exams for next week, thinking of basketball games, parties, drinking sessions, sex, typing their blogs. What is there to really complain about? We could all recognize poverty but do not feel the extent of it. We are not in the Martial Law era. How do you arouse activism these days? I do not know. I do not have the heart of an activist. Maybe shame on me. But it's a bigger shame to join without believing a cause then go on with life after college to join the other side of the spectrum.
Anyway, why is it a breezy Friday? After the mob, Pam, Joy and I went to eat. Bucket meal! Haha after more than a month of inviting people to feast on a bucket meal, here we are at last! ok, so after eating we went to Joy's place to do some fixing in her unit. Ice came and they talked about audition stuff while Pam and I play Exhaust. We tried to watch a pirated copy of "The Proposal". Fail! We ended up watching Friends. After 2 episodes, Pam and I left.
It was really light and calm and fun but not exagerated or life-altering. It was breezy.
But then when I came home, I began to think of things again. Stupid things. And I ended up doing like what Monica did. Negate the breezy feel. It's quite funny when I think of it. Its still quite sad though. I don't know. Maybe when we zoom in this picture to 10 years from now, this will just be the unnoticed background.
Yadayada
photo:http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnparaguya/2775088608/
